About the project
ExchangeAbility is a long-term project of ESN whose main aim is to promote mobility opportunities and accessible Higher Education possibilities for students with disabilities. Additionally, ESN also wants to provide the conditions and opportunities for students with disabilities to actively participate in student life as well as raise awareness of the local communities about the topic.
What is ExchangeAbility?
ExchangeAbility aims to foster the participation of students with disabilities in mobility opportunities offered by Erasmus+. In addition, EA’s goal is also to educate ESNers in order to show them the way to organise inclusive events and what is more, to make the Erasmus Student Network an accessible organisation.
Why do we do ExchangeAbility?
Because we are the biggest European student association and we believe that mobility should be accessible to ALL.
Internally, it means that we want to make our organisation accessible and inclusive.
Externally, it means that we want to improve the conditions, provide information and promote mobility to students with disabilities.
Why organise EA activities?
- To promote mobility to students with disabilities
- To raise awareness about disability among students without disabilities
- To map university campuses
- To train yourself in the field of disability
- To promote inclusive environment
What exactly are EA activities/events?
1. Raising awareness (for students without disabilities)
- Challenging your senses
2. Promoting mobility (for students with disabilities)
3. Mapping (students with and without disabilities)
- Organising mapping events during Orientation Week
4. Inclusive Events (students with and without disabilities)
- Regular events made accessible for all students, they can be at the Local or at the National Level.
- Tandem Evening